Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the National Kitten Coalition!
Volunteers assist the Coalition in the following ways:
- Administrative Support: Coming Soon!
- If you live in the greater Washington D.C. area, please contact us at email@example.com for local volunteer opportunities not listed on this page.
Please note that the Coalition does not provide direct animal care. Instead, our mission is to educate and train those on the front lines of animal welfare. If you are interested in working directly with cats and kittens, including fostering, we encourage you to contact your local animal shelter or rescue organization.
Volunteer Requirements & Process
Those interested in volunteering must be at least 21 years old, and there is a required time commitment of at least six months. Some volunteer positions require a regular, consistent schedule while others do not.
- Must be able to work well with people
- Must be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times, including any event commitments
- Must be able to take and seek direction and have a self-motivated work ethic
- Must be able to work independently
- Must agree with and exemplify the Coalition’s values
We process applications on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in volunteering with the Coalition, please complete the following form to receive additional information. When this form is received, a Coalition member will contact you. If there are open volunteer positions, you will be emailed to set up a placement interview to discuss your interests. We then ask that you complete our volunteer application. The application process includes a reference check.
For more information about volunteering with the Coalition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have group volunteer opportunities, and we also do not accept court-ordered community service volunteers. We encourage those individuals interested in these types of volunteer activities to contact their local animal shelter or rescue organization.